The purpose of this page is to explain the post-treatment procedures for the Radiofrequency Skin Tightening treatment, immediately after the treatment in the clinic and at home.
Post-Care for Radiofrequency
- Showering and cleansing the skin are allowed. A gentle cleanser may be used on the treatment area. Refrain from vigorous rubbing of the skin. Apply product to the fingertips with tepid water and use gentle, circular motions on the skin.
- Continue with your regular skincare regime; however, discontinue use of Retin-a (tretinoin), Renova, Differin, Tazorac, Ziana, Veltin, Atralin or any exfoliating agents with harsh abrasives or acids for seven days.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Hydrate well for seven days following procedure.
- Refrain from tanning or prolonged sun exposure for two weeks after the procedure. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to the treatment area for up to two weeks to avoid incidental sun exposure.
- Refrain from laser treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, waxing and depilatories for two weeks.